- The Met Office – General Aviation Briefing Services
- NOAA National Weather Service – US Meteorological Services
- Pilot Friend – Aviation Weather
Flight Planning Links
- AFPEX – Assisted Flight Plan Exchange
- Civil Aviation Authority CAP 694 – The UK Flight Planning Guide (PDF)
- CFMU Network Operations Portal (Requires Adobe Flash 10)
- Form CA48 – Flight Plan Form
- Sky Demon Light – Free pre-flight planning tool
Airports where NATS operates
The following links are for airports where NATS provides an air traffic control service. All other airports or aerodromes take their air traffic control service from another company.
- Belfast International Airport
- Bristol Airport
- Cardiff Airport
- Farnborough Airport
- Gatwick Airport
- London City Airport
- London Heathrow
- London Luton Airport
- London Stansted
- Manchester Airport
General Aviation Community
Information useful to the General Aviation Community includes:
- Aeronautical Information Service (AIS) website
- Civil Aviation Authority – General Aviation Home Page on the CAA site
- UKGA – General Aviation’s Home in the UK
- GAAC – The General Aviation Awareness Council
- AOPA – Aircraft Owners & Pilots Association
- UK Aeronautical Information Publication (AIP) Static information, updated every 28 days, containing information of lasting (permanent) character essential to air navigation.
- UK AIP Supplements (SUP) Temporary changes to the AIP, usually of long duration, containing comprehensive text and/or graphics.
- Aeronautical Information Circulars (AIC) Notices relating to safety, navigation, technical, administrative or legal matters.
- NOTAM Notices concerning the condition or change to any facility, service or procedure notified within the AIP. NOTAM are available in the form of Pre-Flight Information Bulletins (PIB) using a live database.
- Pre-flight Information Bulletins (PIBS). These bulletins are available as contingency should the AIS website become unserviceable.
- UK Foreign IAIP Library Access to foreign aeronautical information, available to interested parties for flight planning purposes.
- AIS Information Line on tel: 0500 354802 or +44(0)20 8750 3939
- Airlines – a useful listing of airline websites.
- Civil Aviation Authority – regulates NATS and is responsible for airspace policy.
- Flying Matters – seeks to balance the debate about aviation.
- Sustainable Aviation – reflects how the aviation industry is addressing environmental concerns.
- Civil Air Navigation Services Organisation (CANSO) – the global voice of air navigation service providers.
- Eurocontrol – for information about air traffic control across Europe.
- International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO), an agency of the United Nations which codifies the principles and techniques of international air navigation.
- Top 10 tips for pilots – Flying through thunderstorms