What we buy
NATS has a diverse range of requirements. The primary categories of products, goods and services sourced by NATS are detailed below.
- IT, Voice & Data Networks: NATS has a great many infrastructure, hardware, software, software support, infrastructure & applications management and managed service requirements. We use an extensive range of communications products and services, including mobile solutions and also procure printers, copiers and consumables.
- People Support Services, Finance & Regulation: From office supplies, print services, travel management, vehicle hire and conference facilities, to temporary staff and permanent recruitment services, learning & development and training solutions, NATS has a range of requirements for people support services across the UK to support our business activities. We make use of fleet lease, purchase and fleet management services.
- Within Finance & Regulation NATS procures licences and subscriptions as well as services for administering payments, cards and payroll, insurance, audits and financial advice.
- Property & FM: Covering estates, property & project management services, property maintenance, buildings & hardware, furniture & flooring, catering, postal and courier services, NATS has regular requirements for property solutions across our operations.
- Professional Services: Our professional services requirements include external expert skills, knowledge and advice to address specific issues, management consultancy, legal services and specialist consultancy across a range of competencies.
- ATM Centres & Towers: Includes the complex en-route and airport specific control systems. Such systems require design and configuration for the UK airspace and Airport requirements. Additionally NATS procures such systems for a variety of customers globally applying its attention to detail and quality to each unique application.
- ATM Navigation & Infrastructure: From the installation and commissioning of radars to communications and navigation infrastructure, the provision of services to our customers requires the procurement of a wide range of specialist Air Traffic control equipment, spares, maintenance, consultancy and other support services.
Supplier selection NATS uses a number of measures in its Supplier Selection process, in order to ensure fairness in contract awards.
Corporate social responsibility We engage in discussions to reduce the environmental impact of solutions developed to meet our requirements.
Information handling We Share information confidently knowing it is reliable and protected to an agreed standard.