How we work
With expertise and resources
We have the expertise and resources to work with clients worldwide, adding value to any project. You can work with us at the consultation, project management, operation or maintenance phases. Or you may prefer to outsource the entire process to us for peace of mind and additional cost efficiency.
Our pivotal role in the development of UK air traffic has enabled us to create a proven range of products and services. These have helped our clients worldwide lift their performance in many areas, giving them a distinct commercial advantage.
Focused solutions in all areas of air traffic
Our services are now grouped into six distinct areas.
- Airports – innovative ATC and airport optimisation services
- Airspace – safe and efficient en route services
- Engineering – efficient delivery of technology and infrastructure projects
- Information – helping move from people-based to data-based operations
- Consultancy – a window to the range of services and capabilities we can offer
- Defence – joint and integrated civil and military air traffic control services
While each service line offers its own specific expertise, many projects call for an integrated approach. For instance a new infrastructure build might involve NATS Engineering, NATS Airports and NATS Consultancy.
Our breadth of experience means you can link all the services you need for a seamless approach. This significant resource of skills and expertise provides closer control of all aspects of your project.
Our control centres NATS operates from two centres at Swanwick in Hampshire, England and Prestwick in Ayrshire, Scotland.
Our ownership NATS is a public private partnership, with the government holding 49%, and a golden share.
Where we operate As well as providing safe and efficient Air Traffic Control in the UK, we now operate in over 30 countries around the world