NATS is the UK’s leading air navigation service provider, handling over 2 million flights each year. It provides air traffic control services from two control centres supporting airports all around the UK, as well as a wide range of commercial solutions to over 30 countries internationally. We are currently offering a fantastic opportunity to become a Project Manager, leading the delivery of new Air Traffic control infrastructure and toolset projects for UK air traffic control.
The successful candidate will join our journey in nationally recognised project management, having won the ‘APM Project of the Year’ in 2018. The ideal candidate will be experienced in large and complex projects, be able to impart a clear vision to multi-disciplined teams and have the drive and tenacity to deliver into a unique environment. This is your opportunity to be part of our journey.
Our mission is to be the acknowledged global leader in innovative air traffic solutions and airport performance. Our objective is to continue to deliver one of the best levels of service performance in Europe. The challenge is to keep up with increasing air traffic volumes and new technology while maintaining our high reputation for safety. In order to achieve this many new and exciting programmes are currently being launched, with key technology and transformation projects, which require a successful Project Manager to lead teams and deliver successful results.
Duties will include:
- Taking responsibility for the planning, control and monitoring of a number of projects delivering benefit to both our internal stakeholders and our military partners.
- Project Managing projects of varying size, complexity and value, including risk, to successfully deliver projects in to Service operation or to the delivery teams, within the agreed time, cost and quality.
- Matrix manage the project teams, including resourcing your projects by negotiating appropriate resources in a timely manner..
- Support and challenge your colleagues, help develop other Project Managers and take collective responsibility for decisions made ensuring there is a positive team ethic and the team deliver.
Qualifications and skills:
- The jobholder should have a relevant degree, hold Project Management qualification (APMP, PRINCE2 or equivalent) and have significant experience in successful Project Delivery.
- A knowledge of AGILE and ITIL is beneficial.
- Experience of successfully managing projects/programmes c£3m+
- A good level of business understanding and a capability to understand and balance short and long term project issues.
- Management skills sufficient to have demonstrated a sound understanding of business and personnel management techniques.
- Ability to chair and contribute to meetings thereby ensuring the effective utilisation of resources and progress towards objectives.
- Ability to recognise business imperatives and manage senior business stakeholders through these phases.
- Ability to estimate and challenge estimates for the content of work packages.
- Strong, credible impact, with a demonstrated capability to resolve conflict; build, maintain and utilise relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to achieve optimum business goals.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Additional vacancy information:
Interviews will take place from the 20th - 22nd of January.
In addition to salary, NATS offers a range of excellent benefits which includes 28 days leave plus statutory leave and a top class contributory DC pension scheme.
We are passionate about being an equal opportunities employer, treating all colleagues in a fair and respectful manner. We appreciate and value the diversity of our employees and the inclusive environment we work in. Having employees with a wide range of skills, knowledge, creativity, innovation and energy is important to us, and allows us to be the industry leaders we are.
Applications for this post have now closed.