Who are NATS?
NATS is the UK’s leading provider of Air Traffic Control Services. Every year we handle 2.4 million flights and keep 250 million passengers safe whilst in UK airspace. We provide these services to 14 airports in the UK as well as providing services around the world.
We are shaping the future of air traffic management through our focus on ‘advancing aviation and keeping the skies safe’ and we believe that the size and diversity of our business makes us an exciting choice for undergraduates considering their future careers.
What will the Undergraduate placement involve?
This year, we are offering the opportunity to work at NATS through our Undergraduate schemes. The programme will take 12 months and (dependent on your performance and business need) we may offer you a Graduate role you can immediately transition into upon completing University. Our schemes will be based at our Head Office in Whiteley, Hampshire or in our Air Traffic Control Centres in Swanwick, Hampshire or Prestwick, Scotland.
Your placement will be within the Engineering & Technical directorate. This comprises of:
- Systems Engineering
- Research & Development
- Safety & Investigations
- Safety Support
- Information Technology
Why choose NATS?
By joining NATS not only will you be working for the UK’s leading Air Navigation Service Provider (ANSP), you will also be working at the heart of our organisation, alongside other Graduates, Undergraduate Students and Professionals. You will gain valuable insight in to our business and make a tangible contribution to our success.
Your placement experience will be unique to you so you can build on the knowledge you have gained at university. We are committed to your personal and professional development and – with the support of our skilled advisors - will help you achieve your goals.
We are looking for driven, proactive and committed individuals with a natural talent for innovation and problem solving who will embrace the challenging targets that we have set ourselves over the next few years. We will be leading the way technically, operationally, commercially and politically and you can help us shape the future.
What are we looking for?
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to connect with others and develop lasting relationships
- Co-operative and trusting
- An innovative mind with strong, creative problem solving skills
- A mature, proactive approach to work
- Commitment, drive and desire to take on new challenges
- Working towards a minimum of 2:1 in a relevant degree, and a demonstrable interest in your field outside of studies
- We ask that you meet the general health standards as defined by NATS’ medical branch and you must be eligible for NATS security clearance.
What can you expect from us?
- Valuable experience with a leading ANSP
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits package
- 28 days of holiday entitlement plus Bank Holidays
- Social activities such as a wide range of sports teams and an onsite gym
- Free fruit, subsidised food and Costa Coffee in the canteen
- Frequent charity events with various charities each year
- Buddy support system to help you in your new role and pastoral care provided by the Early Careers team
- On the job learning supported by some of the most senior experts in the industry
- Friendly and helpful staff on hand when you need it
- A modern, comfortable environment
- The opportunity to work in an impactful and forward-thinking company in the world of airspace
Assessment centres are taking place from December 2019.
We are passionate about being an equal opportunities employer, treating all colleagues in a fair and respectful manner. We appreciate and value the diversity of our employees and the inclusive environment we work in. Having employees with a wide range of skills, knowledge, creativity, innovation and energy is important to us, and allows us to be the industry leaders we are.
Applications for this post have now closed.