NATS is the UK’s leading air navigation service provider (ANSP), handling 2.5 million flights each year. It provides air traffic control services from two control centres supporting airports all around the UK, as well as a wide range of commercial solutions to over 30 countries internationally.
We are recruiting for an Economic Regulation Manager to ensure that NATS complies with economic regulation requirements placed on it by the UK and Europe. The role is key to maintaining NATS’ reputation as well as good relationships with its UK and European economic regulators, customer and lenders. You will work with colleagues at all levels of NATS, including the executive team. In addition to desk-based work, you will also get out and about to build relationships with the CAA/DfT and in Europe with the European Commission and other ANSPs through the trade association CANSO. In addition to acting as a liaison point, you will represent NATS at relevant UK and European meetings on economic regulation and performance topics.
We can consider candidates to work out of our London or Fareham sites, but occasional travel to the other will be required.
Duties will include:
- Customer consultation on 2020 and 2021 customer charges — organise and support, in coordination with the Department for Transport and CAA.
- European benchmarking report - manage NATS’ submission, which will involve coordinating a number of contributions from several business areas, reviewing to ensure overall consistency and representing NATS at the European ACE Working Group.
- Annual European Performance Monitoring Reports - collate and submit NATS data and supporting evidence in service of the annual European Performance Monitoring Reports, by working with a range of business areas.
- Business reports for NATS – drafting that will involve gathering information on NATS’s performance in 2018 and 2019 and presenting NATS’ achievements in an accessible format.
- Supporting Licence compliance, including gathering and presenting evidence to demonstrate NATS is compliant with specific requirements under its Licence through certification, involving coordinating with the Executive team and liaising with the CAA on any subsequent information requests.
- Numerical reasoning skills: be able to understand and analyse numerical information quickly, including putting it into the “bigger” picture.
- Relationship management: be able to build effective and strong working relationships with internal and external colleagues at all levels of staff, up to the Executive.
- Communication: be able to communicate clearly and effectively on complex and technical areas with colleagues at all levels and from across the business both in writing and orally.
- Time management: be able to be organised and prioritise a number of tasks to deliver accurately and on time.
- Review: be able to critically review sources of information in a constructive way.
- Behaviours: work autonomously and methodically with an eye for detail, seeking additional support when appropriate.
- IT skills: the candidate will have a solid working knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of aviation and economic regulatory models in the UK.
In addition to salary, NATS offers a range of excellent benefits which includes 26 days leave, increasing to 28 days after 1 years’ service plus statutory leave and a top class contributory DC pension scheme.
We are passionate about being an equal opportunities employer, treating all colleagues in a fair and respectful manner. We appreciate and value the diversity of our employees and the inclusive environment we work in. Having employees with a wide range of skills, knowledge, creativity, innovation and energy is important to us, and allows us to be the industry leaders we are.
Applications for this post have now closed.