Who are NATS?
NATS is the UK’s leading Air Navigation Service Provider (ANSP). Every year we handle 2.6 million flights and keep 250 million passengers safe whilst in UK airspace. We provide air traffic management (ATM) services to 13 airports in the UK as well as providing these services around the world spanning Europe, Middle East, Asia and North America.
We’re shaping the future of ATM through our focus on ‘advancing aviation and keeping the skies safe’ and believe that the size and diversity of our business makes us an exciting choice for undergraduates considering their future careers.
What will the Graduate scheme involve?
This 2 year programme will be based at our Head Office in Whiteley (Hampshire) or in our Air Traffic Control Centre in Swanwick (Hampshire) however we have adopted ‘agile working’ which will enable you, where possible, to have the opportunity and flexibility to work in our modern office facilities as well as at home.
Your placement will be within the Operations Support provides operational & business support services across the Operations directorate in NATS. This includes responsibility for the operational support teams in our Air Traffic Control Centres, procedures, systems, operational information and policy. The team are also accountable for our customer relationship management through the Customer Affairs team, coordination of our change and transformation outcomes and the provision of a suite of key Business Services to Operations.
The initial 2 years of the role will provide the opportunity to experience different aspects of these functions through a series of placements. This will allow the successful candidate to work in a live Air Traffic Control environment, learning and applying new skills in subjects such as business management, customer relationship management, people management, process design and change management. These placements will develop your ability to work with a range of people from different professions, using a variety of technologies, methods and measures to meet the changing needs of the business. You will do this alongside building your experience of working alongside a highly skilled operational team and the engineered systems they use.
Some examples of the challenges you will experience are;
- Working with the business area (i.e. Operations Support) to improve decision making processes using data and finding new ways to streamline delivering key support services across Operations. This is both internally within the function and working across Operations, ensuring data is aligned, simplified and answers the right questions.
- Working as a change agent to interrogate data, provide solutions, identify and drive areas for improvement and work with relevant teams to implement changes.
- Using technology as an enabler (automate data, drive for single source data etc) to solve a business need.
On completion of the initial placements, a permanent role will be identified in which your skills can be further developed.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary - £28,000 per annum
- 28 days of holiday entitlement plus Bank Holidays
- Market-leading defined contribution pension scheme
- Opportunity to study for a fully-funded professional qualification (where applicable)
- For more information on the benefits we offer, please visit https://www.nats.aero/careers/early-careers/
Diversity and Inclusion at NATS
We celebrate the diversity of our colleagues. We thrive because we are all brilliantly different yet united in our passion to advance aviation and keep the skies safe.
If you share our passion to advance aviation and keep the skies safe – we would like to hear from you whatever your age, sex, race, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, visible or invisible disability.
Individuals that bring different perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds help us be at the forefront of our industry.
We want you to be able to perform at your best, so please email [email protected] if you’d like to discuss any reasonable adjustments.
APPLY via our recruitment system