Who are NATS?
NATS is the UK’s leading Air Navigation Service Provider (ANSP). Every year we handle 2.6 million flights and keep 250 million passengers safe whilst in UK airspace. We provide air traffic management (ATM) services to 13 airports in the UK as well as providing these services around the world spanning Europe, Middle East, Asia and North America.
We’re shaping the future of ATM through our focus on ‘advancing aviation and keeping the skies safe’ and believe that the size and diversity of our business makes us an exciting choice for undergraduates considering their future careers.
What will the Graduate scheme involve?
This 2 year programme will be based at our Head Office in Whiteley (Hampshire) or in our Air Traffic Control Centre in Swanwick (Hampshire) however we have adopted ‘agile working’ which will enable you, where possible, to have the opportunity and flexibility to work in our modern office facilities as well as at home.
NATS’ Transformation & Development team is a new team whose purpose is to deliver people transformation and development aimed at driving our agility in the face of ever-changing business needs and priorities. It is an exciting business area that will allow you to gain experience and exposure in the areas of people transformation, learning, training development, change management and general business improvement.
We have lots of exciting projects for you to get involved that will give you an opportunity to make a tangible difference to the future of our business. We are looking for a true self-starter, who enjoys a challenge and is keen to innovate.
Some examples of the challenges you will experience are;
- Modernisation of our existing learning offering
- Working with cross functional teams on projects aimed at delivering business improvement / transformation
- End-to-end management of learning solutions from training needs analysis through to delivery
- Day-to-day management of the ‘EngTech’ scheme, a career development scheme for entry level engineers (recruitment, assessment, monitoring, provision of general support)
- Creation and analysis of management information to drive continuous improvement across the department and track progress made
- Support the local introduction of a learning culture
- Business consultancy in our areas of expertise.
We will work with you to identify those projects and development opportunities that are of most interest to you and give you an opportunity to obtain a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt qualification too. Your placement will involve 1 rotation within the department.
Why choose NATS?
You’ll be working at the heart of our organisation, alongside other Graduates, Undergraduate Students and Professionals. You’ll gain valuable insight into our business and make a tangible contribution to our success. Your placement experience will be unique to you so you can build on knowledge you have gained at university. We are committed to your personal and professional development and will help you achieve your goals.
What are we looking for?
We’re looking for driven, proactive and committed individuals who will embrace the challenging targets that we’ve set ourselves over the next few years. One thing is clear to us; we can only achieve these targets through our people. We’ll be leading the way technically, operationally, commercially and politically and you can help us shape the future.
You’ll need to have achieved a minimum of 2:2 in a relevant degree and demonstrable interest in your field outside of studies.
You’ll also need to pass NATS pre-employment security clearance checks.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary - £28,000 per annum
- 28 days of holiday entitlement plus Bank Holidays
- Market-leading defined contribution pension scheme
- Opportunity to study for a fully-funded professional qualification (where applicable)For more information on the benefits we offer, please visit https://www.nats.aero/careers/early-careers/
Diversity and Inclusion at NATS
We celebrate the diversity of our colleagues. We thrive because we are all brilliantly different yet united in our passion to advance aviation and keep the skies safe.
If you share our passion to advance aviation and keep the skies safe – we would like to hear from you whatever your age, sex, race, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, visible or invisible disability. Individuals that bring different perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds help us be at the forefront of our industry.
We want you to be able to perform at your best, so please email [email protected] if you’d like to discuss any reasonable adjustments.
APPLY via our recruitment system