The Airspace Change Organising Group (ACOG) is tasked with leading and managing the successful delivery of airspace change. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a new industry body managing the collective programme that will deliver significant benefits to the UK and ensure the long-term connectivity of the UK as a worldwide HUB.
As the Business Manager your role is to provide and manage a robust business management service. This role supports senior leadership and has engagement with senior executives. It is paramount that the role holder has a professional attitude and performs at a high standard.
- To provide a comprehensive secretariat role for our key governance meetings, planning, organising, collating required information on time and to standard. The ability to complete minutes.
- Act as a SharePoint SME identifying and implementing business improvement
- Act as an advocate for Quality Management and champion continuous business improvement across the team.
- Proactively challenge and influence thinking amongst the ACOG leadership and wider team to ensure that it meets business needs
- Design, organise and facilitate business analysis and change activity with staff at all levels, developing a strong understanding of their current and future requirements and the change required to meet future outcomes.
- Analysis and interpretation of information, prioritising issues, risks, and presenting information. Providing constructive challenge of this information to ensure that it meets the business needs in line with the QMS and strategic goals
- Responsible for the development and provision of timely and accurate management information to report and make recommendations to senior management and key governance meetings
- Drives and embeds Programme governance by assuring; appropriate slide content is presented to relevant forums; identification of issues for escalation, ensuring meeting actions and outputs are adhered to and driving their effective progression of actions
- Work with the Quality Manager on appropriate internal and external audit processes
- Oversight of the general IT, SharePoint, procurement, and office management.
- Management of the recruitment and onboarding process end to end.
- Responsible for understanding the procurement needs of the business, existing contracts requirements, and assessment of future requirements. Driving the activities required to ensure contractual compliance. Acting as a focal point for our suppliers
- Understand the financial performance, opportunities, and risk for ACOG and the wider industry partners.
- Lead and motivate colleagues in ACOG team, creating a culture for continuous improvement.
Essential skills and experience:
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent and experience in a comparable role
- Ability to work in a multi discipline team environment using your own initiative.
- Excellent organisational, analytical skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Provide a flexible and adaptable approach with the ability to prioritise tasks and produce work under pressure.
- Excellent professional and interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
- Self-motivated with a strong commitment to the attainment of company and personal objectives whilst always demonstrating high personal and professional standards.
- Essential experience of SharePoint or equivalent, up to administrative level, undertaking development creating list, optimising setting, managing access.
- Excellent keyboard skills, with comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft 365.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships is also required, coupled with excellent interpersonal skills.
We celebrate the diversity of our colleagues. We thrive because we are all brilliantly different yet united in our passion to advance aviation and keep the skies safe. For more information on our commitment to diversity and inclusion, please see our website.
Applications for this post have now closed.