Who are NATS?
NATS is the UK’s leading Air Navigation Service Provider (ANSP). Every year we handle 2.6 million flights and keep 250 million passengers safe whilst in UK airspace. We provide air traffic management (ATM) services to 13 airports in the UK as well as providing these services around the world spanning Europe, Middle East, Asia and North America.
We’re shaping the future of ATM through our focus on ‘advancing aviation and keeping the skies safe’ and believe that the size and diversity of our business makes us an exciting choice for undergraduates considering their future careers.
What will the Information Technology Solutions Graduate scheme involve?
This scheme is based at our Head Office in Whiteley (Hampshire) or in our Air Traffic Control Centre in Swanwick (Hampshire) however we have adopted ‘agile working’ which will enable you, where possible, to have the opportunity and flexibility to work in our modern office facilities as well as at home.
Information Solutions (IS) are a critical business department. Our purpose is to maintain and improve business productivity by enhancing our users’ digital experience. Our vision is to be a trusted partner to the business and centre of excellence in IT solutions and consultancy. This is realised through our customer focus and the value achieved through effective, innovative and secure use of information and technology.
You will gain experience in delivering IT services and solutions from different parts of the IT lifecycle, working with customers and suppliers to deliver against business objectives and IS strategy.
IS work with many areas of the business and during your scheme you will have the opportunity to experience these various perspectives. Throughout the scheme there is the opportunity to be involved in the following areas:
- Service Strategy – Business Relationship Management & Service Ownership.
- Service Design – end to end design covering infrastructure, applications & support model for new & existing services working with suppliers.
- Business/IS analysis –capturing & analysing requirements for new/improving services. Managing pieces of work to implement change.
- Development – creating and maintaining custom applications & coding, working with raw data feeds and making them meaningful working with our Analytics team.
- Architecture – broad view of gaps and overlaps in our systems, direction setting for system changes & policy creation.
- Service Operations - working closely with suppliers on service delivery to transition and run existing and new services.
- IS Security Management – working closely with our suppliers ensuring our IS security is managed and evolved to protect us against cyber exploits and vulnerabilities.
- IT Service Management – process, governance & assurance.
Why choose NATS?
You’ll be working at the heart of our organisation, alongside other Graduates, Undergraduate Students and Professionals. You’ll gain valuable insight into our business and make a tangible contribution to our success.
Your placement experience will be unique to you so you can build on knowledge you have gained at university. We are committed to your personal and professional development and will help you achieve your goals.
What are we looking for?
We’re looking for driven, proactive and committed individuals who will embrace the challenging targets that we’ve set ourselves over the next few years. One thing is clear to us; we can only achieve these targets through our people. We’ll be leading the way technically, operationally, commercially and politically and you can help us shape the future.
You’ll need to have achieved a minimum of 2:2 in a relevant degree and demonstrable interest in your field outside of studies.
You’ll also need to pass NATS pre-employment security clearance checks.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary - £28,000 per annum
- 28 days of holiday entitlement plus Bank Holidays
- Market-leading defined contribution pension scheme
- Opportunity to study for a fully-funded professional qualification (where applicable)
For more information on the benefits we offer, please visit https://www.nats.aero/careers/early-careers/
Diversity and Inclusion at NATS
We celebrate the diversity of our colleagues. We thrive because we are all brilliantly different yet united in our passion to advance aviation and keep the skies safe. For more information on our commitment to diversity and inclusion, please visit: https://www.nats.aero/careers/why-nats/
If you share our passion to advance aviation and keep the skies safe – we would like to hear from you whatever your age, sex, race, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, visible or invisible disability. Individuals that bring different perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds help us be at the forefront of our industry.
We want you to be able to perform at your best, so please email [email protected] if you’d like to discuss any reasonable adjustments.
APPLY via our recruitment system