Richard Deakin Takes The Helm At NATS And Makes New Appointments
On his first day as Chief Executive Officer of NATS, Richard Deakin has appointed Managing Directors for NATS (En Route) plc (NERL) and NATS Services Ltd and created a single executive team spanning the company, in a move designed to strengthen operational delivery and sharpen strategic focus.
- Ian Mills, currently Chief Operating Officer of NERL, becomes Managing Director (NERL).
- Paul Reid, currently Chief Operating Officer of NATS Services Ltd, becomes Managing Director (NATS Services Ltd). Lawrence Hoskins, Chief Executive Officer of NATS Services Ltd, is to retire at the end of April 2010.
Richard Deakin said:
“There is no doubt that European airspace is set for dramatic transformation in the coming years, and we need to ensure we play a leading role in that process of change, setting the standard in safety, environmental performance and quality.
NERL and NATS Services are two highly skilled, distinct businesses facing very different challenges.
These appointments are designed to build an organisation that leverages the best of our capabilities.”
Ian Mills and Paul Reid will form part of Richard’s Executive Team, the other members being:
- Richard Churchill-Coleman – General Counsel and Company Secretary
- Nigel Fotherby – Finance Director
- Ian Hall – Director Development and Investment
- David Harrison – Director Safety
- Philip James – Director HR and Services
- Anne Lambert – Director European and Governmental Affairs
- Rachael Reid – Director Corporate, Customer and Environmental Affairs.
Richard concluded: “I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Lawrence Hoskins for the significant contribution he has made to NATS over the past six years.”
The new appointments and structure come into force on 1st May 2010.