What tips do you have for completing the Stage 0 and Stage 1 tests?
Before beginning your assessment
- Ensure you are in a room where you will not be interrupted for at least 20 minutes.
- Make sure your laptop or computer is connected to a power supply.
- Ensure you mouse and keyboard is working correctly.
- Increase the screen resolution on your PC to the highest resolution available by going to Start-Control Panel-Display.
- Close down all other windows including emails so you are not distracted whilst taking the test.
- Where possible turn off all phones.
- Make sure you are taking the test on a reliable internet connection.
- Make sure that you have a pen, paper and calculator with you.
- Prior to completing the test there are separate instructions and examples to help you understand what to do in the test and the types of questions that will be asked; make sure you read the instructions and try the examples before beginning the actual test as you will be given feedback on your example answers.
During the assessment
- Once the live test has been launched at no stage press the back or abort button as this will end your test and we will not be able to reset your assessment.
- Do not close the test screen as you will not be able to go back in and complete the assessment.
- If you complete the all the questions in the time allowed a finished button will appear, so you can move onto the next assessment.
- If you time out during the test it will automatically move you onto the next assessment.
- Work as fast as you can during the tests, if you are not sure of an answer make your best choice and move on quickly.
If you experience technical difficulties during the test please take a screen shot of the error and contact Saville Consulting regarding the issue, please note we are unable to reset your account for the following causes:
- Your power runs out on your laptop or computer
- You internet connection cuts out
- You log out or close down the test screen.
***Please note – once you have started the test you only have one opportunity to complete it***