NATS is the UK’s leading Air Navigation Service Provider (ANSP). Every year we handle 2.6 million flights and keep 250 million passengers safe whilst in UK airspace. We provide air traffic management (ATM) services to 13 airports in the UK as well as providing these services around the world spanning Europe, Middle East, Asia and North America.
We’re shaping the future of ATM through our focus on ‘advancing aviation and keeping the skies safe’ and believe that the size and diversity of our business makes us an exciting choice for undergraduates considering their future careers.
What will the Finance Graduate scheme involve?
This 2 year programme will be based at our Head Office in Whiteley (Hampshire) however we have adopted ‘agile working’ which will enable you to have the opportunity and flexibility to work in our modern office facilities as well as at home.
NATS Finance is an exciting place to work. You will get to experience a number of areas within the Department, enabling you to apply your University learning in a live environment whilst working towards a professional accountancy qualification, such as CIMA or ACCA. You will be adding value from Day 1, working with a team of Finance professionals, you will be given the coaching and guidance to enable you to be successful in your role.
During your placement you will have the opportunity to work in key areas of Finance, amongst them:
- Group Business Finance – providing support and challenge to the business and provide Insight into their activities
- Treasury – where the Company’s funding comes from and how we spend our resources
- Corporate Finance – Financial statement production and statutory compliance
- Tax – hopefully, self explanatory
- Regulation – how we are governed under our Licence.
- Commercial – the non-licence part of our business.
Why choose NATS?
- You’ll be working at the heart of our organisation, alongside other Graduates, Undergraduate Students and Professionals.
- You’ll gain valuable insight into our business and make a tangible contribution to our success.
- Your placement experience will be unique to you so you can build on knowledge you have gained at university.
- We are committed to your personal and professional development and will help you achieve your goals.
What are we looking for?
We’re looking for driven, proactive and committed individuals who will embrace the challenging targets that we’ve set ourselves over the next few years. One thing is clear to us; we can only achieve these targets through our people. We’ll be leading the way technically, operationally, commercially and politically and you can help us shape the future.
You’ll need to have achieved a minimum of 2:2 in a relevant degree and demonstrable interest in your field outside of studies.
You’ll also need to pass NATS pre-employment security clearance checks.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary - £28,000 per annum
- 28 days of holiday entitlement plus Bank Holidays
- Market-leading defined contribution pension scheme
- Opportunity to study for a fully-funded professional qualification (where applicable)
- For more information on the benefits we offer, please visit https://www.nats.aero/careers/early-careers/
Diversity and Inclusion at NATS
We celebrate the diversity of our colleagues. We thrive because we are all brilliantly different yet united in our passion to advance aviation and keep the skies safe.
If you share our passion to advance aviation and keep the skies safe – we would like to hear from you whatever your age, sex, race, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, visible or invisible disability. Individuals that bring different perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds help us be at the forefront of our industry.
We want you to be able to perform at your best, so please email [email protected] if you’d like to discuss any reasonable adjustments.
APPLY via our recruitment system