Who are NATS?
NATS is the UK’s leading Air Navigation Service Provider (ANSP). Every year we handle 2.6 million flights and keep 250 million passengers safe whilst in UK airspace. We provide air traffic management (ATM) services to 13 airports in the UK as well as providing these services around the world spanning Europe, Middle East, Asia and North America.
We’re shaping the future of ATM through our focus on ‘advancing aviation and keeping the skies safe’ and believe that the size and diversity of our business makes us an exciting choice for undergraduates considering their future careers.
What will the Service Ownership Requirements Engineering Graduate scheme involve?
This scheme is based at our Head Office in Whiteley (Hampshire) or in our Air Traffic Control Centre in Swanwick (Hampshire) however we have adopted ‘agile working’ which will enable you, where possible, to have the opportunity and flexibility to work in our modern office facilities as well as at home.
This opportunity sits within the Technical Air Traffic Management Services directorate and during your scheme you will have the opportunity to experience the business through several different perspectives, such as:
- Working with Service Owners to monitor and steer the development of the technical services that underpin our Air Traffic Management capabilities
- Working with Requirements Analysts and stakeholders across the business to understand our needs and develop the requirements that drive our future capability development
- Working with our Business Analysts to improve our understanding of how the business itself operates and improve our organisation and processes
- Working with our Enterprise Architects to bring together a coherent picture of how everything fits together
The team in which this scheme sits leads the development and evolution of the technical Air Traffic Management services to meet agreed performance and cost targets in support of our broader strategy and in collaboration with internal customers. We capture the requirements for future service development and commission design and change delivery as part of the overall investment portfolio.
In this team you will learn about where NATS is moving to and the services required to get there, and then get fully embedded in the delivery programmes to develop and maintain the requirements needed, getting involved in workshops, design and planning sessions where you can develop from a supporting to a leading role with the full support of the team.
Why choose NATS?
- You’ll be working at the heart of our organisation, alongside other Graduates, Undergraduate Students and Professionals.
- You’ll gain valuable insight into our business and make a tangible contribution to our success.
- Your placement experience will be unique to you so you can build on knowledge you have gained at university.
- We are committed to your personal and professional development and will help you achieve your goals.
What are we looking for?
We’re looking for driven, proactive and committed individuals who will embrace the challenging targets that we’ve set ourselves over the next few years. One thing is clear to us; we can only achieve these targets through our people. We’ll be leading the way technically, operationally, commercially and politically and you can help us shape the future.
You’ll need to have achieved a minimum of 2:2 in a relevant degree (ideally from a STEM discipline) and demonstrable interest in your field outside of studies.
You’ll also need to pass NATS pre-employment security clearance checks.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary - £28,000 per annum
- 28 days of holiday entitlement plus Bank Holidays
- Market-leading defined contribution pension scheme
- Opportunity to study for a fully-funded professional qualification (where applicable)
- For more information on the benefits we offer, please see our website
Diversity and Inclusion at NATS
We celebrate the diversity of our colleagues. We thrive because we are all brilliantly different yet united in our passion to advance aviation and keep the skies safe. For more information on our commitment to diversity and inclusion, please see our website.
If you share our passion to advance aviation and keep the skies safe – we would like to hear from you whatever your age, sex, race, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, visible or invisible disability. Individuals that bring different perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds help us be at the forefront of our industry.
We want you to be able to perform at your best, so please email [email protected] if you’d like to discuss any reasonable adjustments.
APPLY via our recruitment system