Who are NATS?
NATS is the UK’s leading Air Navigation Service Provider (ANSP). Every year we handle 2.6 million flights and keep 250 million passengers safe whilst in UK airspace. We provide air traffic management services to 13 airports in the UK as well as providing these services around the world spanning Europe, the Middle East, Asia and North America.
We are shaping the future of air traffic management through our focus on ‘advancing aviation and keeping the skies safe’ and we believe that the size and diversity of our business makes us an exciting choice for undergraduates considering their future careers.
What will the Cyber Security Industrial Placement scheme involve?
This scheme is based at our Head Office in Whiteley (Hampshire) or in our Air Traffic Control Centre in Swanwick (Hampshire) however we have adopted ‘agile working’ which will enable you, where possible, to have the opportunity and flexibility to work in our modern office facilities as well as at home.
NATS is part of the UK’s Critical National Infrastructure, and as such cybersecurity is fundamental to the safety of our critical systems. The rate of global digitisation and the ever-changing cyber threat landscape means that our cybersecurity team function has a lot of roles to play. Within our specific team (where you will spend most of your time) we:
- Develop and publish security policy and standards to guide security decisions within our business and inspire change
- Work with the wider business through assurance activities to make sure the business is following our policies, and where applicable we work with business units where improvements can be made
- Work with our regulators to ensure that our business is compliant with regulatory requirements and internal policies
- Use security architecture principles to translate our business and assurance goals into a security vision
- Engage employees in security, organisational culture change, and identification of insider threats
- Use exercising to ensure our people are ready for any events or incidents that may occur.
- We work closely with all other functions in our business to form a large security community defending against our adversaries. You may have the opportunity to shadow and have placements with one of our many business units.
- Our current team comes from a wide range of backgrounds which provides us with diversity and a range of skills to leverage. We welcome applications from many disciplines, not just cybersecurity or technical related qualifications, who can demonstrate an interest in the technical and non-technical elements of cybersecurity.
Why choose NATS?
By joining NATS not only will you be working for the UK’s leading ANSP, you will also be working at the heart of our organisation, alongside other Graduates, Undergraduate Students and Professionals. You will gain valuable insight into our business and make a tangible contribution to our success.
Your placement experience will be unique to you so you can build on the knowledge you have gained at university. We are committed to your personal and professional development and – with the support of our skilled advisors - will help you achieve your goals.What are we looking for?
We are looking for driven, proactive and committed individuals who will embrace the challenging targets that we have set ourselves over the next few years. One thing is clear to us; we can only achieve these targets through our people. We will be leading the way technically, operationally, commercially and politically and you can help us shape the future.
We are looking for individuals who share our passion to advance aviation and keep the skies safe. We provide answers to the critical issues faced by the aviation industry around the world – such as cost-efficiency, environment and data use – and have built our reputation on delivering a first rate, safe and efficient service.
You will also need to pass NATS pre-employment security clearance checks.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary - £18,000 per annum
- 28 days of holiday entitlement with Bank Holidays on top
- Market-leading defined contribution pension scheme
- For more detail on our benefits package, please visit https://www.nats.aero/careers/early-careers/
Diversity and Inclusion at NATS
We celebrate the diversity of our colleagues. We thrive because we are all brilliantly different yet united in our passion to advance aviation and keep the skies safe.
If you share our passion to advance aviation and keep the skies safe – we would like to hear from you whatever your age, sex, race, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, visible or invisible disability. Individuals that bring different perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds help us be at the forefront of our industry.
We want you to be able to perform at your best, so please email [email protected] if you would like to discuss any reasonable adjustments.
Applications for this post have now closed.