NATS (“we”, “us” or “our”) provide the information set out on the NATS website (the “Website”) solely for information and to facilitate NATS’ communications.
Cookies used on our Website are not designed to identify individual users, nor are they passed on or sold to any other third parties. We simply use them to review how the Website is being used by visitors and help inform decisions about improvements.
We use the following cookies on the Website:
|We use these cookies to collect information about how visitors use our site (e.g. how many, how often and which pages they view). We then use this information to compile reports and help us improve the organisation and design of the site.||Overview of privacy at Google|
|Content Management System Cookie||PHPSESSID||This ID is used by the website to identify you during your session. A lot of the time it isn’t used at all, but if you decide to do something complex during your visit that isn’t simply clicking a link to move from one page to another (such as filling out a form), the website uses this ID to identify you throughout the process to make sure it runs smoothly.|
|We use these cookies to collect information about how visitors use our site (e.g. how many, how often and which pages they view). We then use this information to compile reports and help us improve the organisation and design of the site.|
|Comment Form Cookie||comment_author_
|These cookies are used to help pre-fill out the add comment form fields.|
3. Personal Information
4. Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. The information you provide us by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, NATS blog or otherwise will be used in accordance with section 5 below. This includes information you provide when you subscribe to our tools, services or communications, request a service from our Website, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on the Website, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with the Website.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use other services we provide or if you use any of the other websites we operate. We work closely with third parties and may receive information about you from them.
5. Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We may use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, services and support that you request from us;
- to enable NATS to monitor and promote aviation safety;
- to improve our tools and services, including to invite you to provide us with feedback;
- to provide you with information about other tools and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to the Website, our tools and our service;
- to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We may use this information:
- to administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our tools and services, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep the Website safe and secure;
- to monitor, measure or understand the effectiveness of the Website in facilitating NATS’ communications to users such as you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Website about NATS that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
6. Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of the NATS group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- The Civil Aviation Authority to assist it to carry out its regulatory functions.
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of NATS entering into a contract with you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Website.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; or in order to enforce or apply the Website’s Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the NATS group, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
7. Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
9. Contact us